Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just When I Thought it Couldn't Get Any Better...

I'm having a love fest with my lady teachers out here, and before I say anything else, I need to give each of them a brief plug...because if any of you are in LA and want to take class with an amazing woman, I would recommend any and all of these loverly ladies...

Maria Cristina Jimenez, who is gorgeous and warm and calls us all "my chickens" and who, for some reason, makes me get all welled up as soon as I sit down and close my eyes at the beginning of class. This woman is just all heart and makes one feel, you know...loved. Which, as cheesy as it sounds, is important. She's also a kick-ass teacher with a really graceful hold on alignment and the deeper philosophical truths about the practice.


Hagar Harpak, oh, Hagar...how I love thee, let me count the ways: 1, 2, 7, 100,000,000,000. Hagar, Hagar, dresses like a rock-star. Hagar, Hagar, takes my practice so far. Hagar, I adore...lovely Israely kinda crazy Hagar. She blows my mind and my body wide open. And I know she is going to kick my ass and turn me upside-down, every single bless-ed time.

Gina Zimmerman,  Gina has become a more recent important lady teacher in my LA yoga life, and she is amazing. I told her the other day that I now have a Pavlovian response to her class, and as soon as I walk in the door my energy just shifts and calms and opens wide up. Gina is like...a rock. A beautiful, mossy, wet and womanly rock. Gina is like how I wanna be when I grow up. She is grounded like nobody's business and a philosopher for sure and classes with her are D-E-E-P, deep.

These are my girls, and I have been going from one to the next...a morning class with Maria Cristina, an afternoon with Hagar, an evening with Gina...and something is happening. I don't know if it's the combination of their alchemy or just the next stepping stone in this constantly expanding practice, but my heart is breaking open, and I feel like the three of them might just hold the rocks. Lately I am overwhelmed with emotion in their classes...places where things have been held are cracking enough to let the light in. I don't even know how to tell them, individually or collectively...but they are peeling away the layers.

Find them, people. Take class from them. Let the glass be broken!!

No comments: