So, my most concrete and achievable resolution for the new year? 365 days of yoga. Yeeeah, boooy. (and grrrrrl.) Which, maybe, by proxy, will encourage more regular type blogging on my part. Ahem. And let me tell you, this is NOT an unreasonable goal, it really isn't. I'm near to an everyday practice already...this is just going to bump it up a notch. And I've given myself permission to practice for 10 minutes in my pajamas on days that are crazy and it will still count. Just so I don't feel like I have to drag myself to Manhattan every dang day if I don't need to...
Yesterday, January 1st, was Day One.
I practiced in my bedroom...though not in my pajamas. It was not a long practice, as I'm recovering from a cold and the holidays, and it was a gentle roll all over the floor kind of thing. I think my eyes may have been closed the entire time and I definitely spent a lot of time standing on my head. My shoulders and neck were aching from stress and the few backbends I did sent that warm gooey tingly sensation down my arms and back. It was sooooo good.
What did I learn? That sometimes my body knows EXACTLY where to open, how to open, and when to open, and I don't actually need to prescribe any of it.
Not bad for day one....
No comments:
Post a Comment