Thursday, August 5, 2010
Procrastination Station
Oh my lovelies...
I should NOT be posting right now. I should definitely be doing one of many other things...things like:
Sleeping.
Eating more of the dark chocolate covered almonds with turbinado sugar and sea salt that have become my addiction since coming to yoga school (and my replacement for wine, coffee, meat and sex. Thank you, Trader Joe's).
Doing homework.
Doing more homework.
Studying for my finals. That's right, finals.
Reading more about my assigned Sutras.
Showering, so I don't have to do it in the morning, so I can sleep more.
Making food for tomorrow, so I don't have to do it in the morning, so I can sleep more.
Meditating. Just...because.
But, no, Shanti-towners, I have been lacking lately as the captain of this blog-ship (the good ship shanti-town) and I am going to post, damnit, even if it means my hair goes dirty and my tummy goes empty! (Not actually.... If I don't eat and try to do 8 hours of asana I will kill someone.)
My time in yoga school is coming to a close, very soon. Next week is mainly prep for finals and then finals and then I graduate, a week from tomorrow...and I. Can't. Believe it.
Today I spent much of our morning lecture quietly weeping because I just don't know how I'm going to say goodbye to these people and this experience...it has been so intense and we have been through a lot together in these three weeks, and all of my teachers here have just been so incredibly inspiring...
Anyhow, blah blah. I'm not going to do that right now.
What I will say is that this has been an AMAZING experience so far...I am riding high from all of it, and am not surprised that I love the many hours of asana and love all the nitty-gritty about the chakras and ayurveda but I am a little surprised that I am finding myself even more in love with the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita--who knew I'd be a text nerd? I just can't get enough of it...the poetry and mysteriousness of the ancient texts...I'm currently in such a yoga cloud that I'm actually contemplating learning Sanskrit.
Svadyaya, yo!
Anyhow. I can't wait to get into more detail about all of it for y'all...for now, just know I'm thinking of you...and wish me luck on finals!!
xo
YogaLia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment